Attention Ann Arbor Runners!
"Have You Already tried Resting For Weeks... with NO Signs Of Recovery? Are you Frustrated By Lack Of Progress, and Desperate To Know What's Wrong so you can Get Back To Running Without Pain??...Then I Have A Solution That Will Help You!"
Whether you are a competitive marathon runner, Ironman triathlete, or a weekend runner who has been dealing with a frustrating and nagging injury that just won't seem to go away on its own, then you are at the right place and this is likely to be the most IMPORTANT message you will read this month.
You may have been told in the past "just stop running" or "why don't you try cycling instead"...and you may have been told this by a family member, friend, or even your doctor. That seems to be the default answer when discussing your running injuries to other medical professionals. They think that you should be satisfied just running 1-2 miles and don't understand that you have your sights set on the next half marathon or Olympic Triathlon and low boring mileage just won't cut it.
The truth is that most people "treating" runners have a bias that running is bad for your joints and they provide generic exercises, stretching, and the dreaded prescription of REST. This unfortunately is standard practice and it is just not what YOU as a runner need to continue to train, run, and race.
If You Are Frustrated By Your Lack Of Progress With Traditional Rehab and Generic Exercises or Advice Then Read On....
Before I show you how I can help YOU, let me first distance myself from everyone you have received advice from before me.
Prior to being a Doctor of Physiotherapy, I was a 5x Division II All-American Runner. I have also coached runners at the collegiate level not just on the track but in the weight room as well as rehab room during my time at University.
I'm a running specialist who has spent years studying running gait and biomechanics from the top running experts in the nation. Working with athletes and runners is the specialty I have built my practice for, hence the name "On Track" Physio.
I know as a runner and athlete your TIME is so important. The last thing you want to do is go to physical therapy and spend time riding the bike, doing easy basic exercises, and getting a massage you get already from your weekly sports massage. It is hard enough fitting in your long runs, speed work, swimming, biking, and let alone strength training to burn a whole hour doing stuff you already do on your own anyway is just "one more thing".
Recover Faster By Seeing A Running Specialist Who Values Your TIME And Provides Running Specific Testing and Training To Help Get You Running Again
What's more, we are the top running center in Ann Arbor that is revolutionizing the way runners recover from running injuries. We use running gait analysis and training methods and recovery modalities previously only available to professional sports teams and Olympic training centers. It is now available to you to improve your running and keep you healthy.
Here are the people most likely to benefit from a running gait analysis and running training at On Track Physio
- Runners with pain at the back, hip, knee, ankle, or foot
- Runners who want to improve their running form
- Runners who want to AVOID injury
- Athletes on a return to running program after surgery
- Runners who want to train with a specialist in running and biomechanics
- Runners who are frustrated by their current treatment and want "running specific" training
- Triathletes who want to work with someone who understands their need to balance multi-sport training and high mileage events
If you are looking for a running specific solution to help you return to running, racing, and competing then a running analysis and specialist training program at On Track Physio is right for you!
3D Running Gait Analysis
Here is what we will provide for you at the initial assessment:
- 2 hour evaluation and one-on-one treatment with one of our running gait specialists
- Complete review of medical and running history
- Biomechanical 3D running analysis with video
- Comprehensive functional movement testing
If You Are Limited By....
- A stress fracture---Biomechanics and running efficiency is HUGE for this ailment
- Hamstring Injuries---Learn why your stretches are doing very little to recover or avoid a hamstring injury, especially if you experience them frequently.
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome---We use video analysis to track joint angles and rotation during running and foundational movement patterns.
- Low Back/Hip/Groin Pain---We have exercises that help better teach you efficient running form as well as build strength and capacity to run faster for longer!
These are just a few examples of how we help runners just like you who are dealing with nagging pain and want lasting relief that will allow them to run again without limitation. I believe every runner has a unique running pattern. Although there is no perfect way to run there are known ways to improve your biomechanics to reduce injury.
At On Track Physio we will incorporate your assessment findings with your individual running style (forefoot, heel strike, ChiRunning, Pose Running, barefoot) to create a personalized running plan.