“How Athletes and Active Individuals Get Fit (...And Stay Fit), From Frustrating Sports Injuries That Keep You From Enjoying Sport And Being Active”
If you’ve experienced a Sports Injury, or if you’ve been suffering with an injury for a while - it can be very tempting to pass it off as “nothing serious” and simply “deal with it".
Or, it can be very easy to "loose hope" and feel "stuck" thinking this is how its just going to be now.
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - we see people going through this all the time. We have treated high school, college, and professional athletes - and know how to help people recover from them.
When pro athletes get injured - we started treatment the NEXT DAY.
That is opposite to the way that most people respond to getting a sports injury, and is why so many people are still suffering with a sports injury and asking themselves:
“It’s Been Months Now - So Why am I STILL Suffering With an Injury That’s Stopping Me From Being Active and Playing My Favourite Sport?”...
Most people think that with a few days rest they’ll be able to return to their sport or exercise again. But then when they go back to exercise again they still feel restricted or painful.
Does That Sound Like You?
A Doctor may have told to take a break, rest, wear a support and “try these muscle relaxers” and “see how it goes”. Then 4 weeks later they end up going back to the same Doctor again because the injury hasn’t got any better.
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries - hamstrings, shoulder strains, IT band pain, etc. Complete rest is rarely the best advice.
Sports injuries can be very confusing because more often than not, where the pain is coming from is not actually what needs to be treated or worked on, and certainly doesn't need rest (if you know what you are doing).
The problem with "resting" is it's general advice. Which leads to general results and often procrastination, putting off a decision about what to do to help fix the problem. Which leads to people to thinking their active days are over.
Is That How You Feel Too?
- 1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
- 2. The Doctor told you to rest, wear a support, and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing
- 3. Someone said you are more prone to Sports Injuries as you get older, so you just accepted it
- 4. Other Healthcare Professionals or Physio in the past didn't seem to help
- 5. You’ve tried heating pads, ice, and braces but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better or return to exercise with ease
- 6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you were in a lot of pain, but the pain still irritates you daily
- 7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping it would help.
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call or talk with one of our physios. The fact that you’ve actually tried any or all of these things is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work, you are closer to finding the thing that does!
How We Can Help Get Rid Of Your Sports Injury For Good?
- We can often quickly take away the pain and stiffness in a couple of sessions
- We will help you get to the root cause of your injury once and for all
- We will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can STOP the need for those painkillers which are obviously poor for your long-term health
- Help you avoid dangerous surgery - and painful injections
- We can keep you out of the Doctor’s waiting room and give you back your time
- Basically… We can help you get back to living the life you enjoyed prior to the sports injury